Global equity and investment research
Edison’s team of 50-plus analysts produces award-winning, tier one-standard equity research and investment analysis. In 2023, our international coverage includes daily in-depth scrutiny of over 225 stocks, connecting targeted investor groups across institutions, family offices, wealth managers and retail investors insight into our clients.
Edison specialises in expanding the global capital markets’ understanding of our clients’ investment cases. We do this through our unique combination of integrated services under the banner Complete IR which enhances our award-winning research with bespoke digital marketing services and investor relations engagement.
Edison’s ‘brilliant knowledge’ covers all sectors, including:
- Investment companies
- Metals and mining
- Oil and gas
- Real estate
- Technology, Media and Telecoms
What is ‘the Edison difference’?
What makes us unique? Over 20 years we have created a unique integrated program comprising insightful equity research, imaginative digital marketing and effective investor engagement. Complete IR accelerates, widens and magnifies the market’s interest in a company’s investment case.
Research and content creation is the engine room of Complete IR, with our precision-crafted equity insights informing the market and unlocking investors’ understanding of a client’s potential. In the last decade the top four best-performing stocks in the FTSE 250 were Edison clients*. A coincidence? We don’t think so.
How can Edison help you?
- World-class equity analysis
- An independent specialist voice positioning your investment story
- Unrestricted distribution – our research can reach any investor, we are not constrained by MFID II rules
- Strategic marketing communications so your research reaches hundreds of thousands of investors
- InvestorTrack. Our proprietary system providing exclusive detailed analytics in real-time on the level of engagement with our research content.
We have many formats for equity research. Among the publication-types available:
- Initiation and outlook notes: A long-form note of approximately 15 pages is published on every client once a year. This provides a complete picture of the business so investors can evaluate the case for making a company part of their portfolio.
- Updates: Shorter, follow-on notes are published three or four times a year. They generally coincide with significant newsflow or earnings reports.
- Flash notes: We publish quick reactions to newsflow, usually as a precursor to a more detailed update note. Only one page long to ensure timeliness, flash notes are published as events dictate throughout the year.
- Edison TV (ETV) interviews: Every client has the opportunity to be interviewed by their analyst twice a year for a 5–10 minute video, often to coincide with an outlook or update note.
- Sector and thematic reports: Institutional and retail investors read more than single-equity research. They also need insight into big-picture trends and how stocks fit into them. Our clients commission these reports so investors can grasp the full significance of a particular investment case.
We are expert at creating investor presentations that capture the imagination and investor relations websites that funnel investors along the path to purchase. Videos, factsheets, podcasts and dozens of other content formats are also available.
- Campaign planning and implementation
- Content creation
- Research editorialisation
- Video production
- Social media – including sponsored Linkedin content plus Facebook, Instagram and X.
- Google Display advertising.
How does Edison’s research differ from sell-side coverage?
We employ analysts based primarily in the UK, Europe and the US who have deep sector-specific expertise. We provide a minimum service level to clients, ensuring regular guaranteed coverage. Our research does not carry ratings or recommendations, but we do discuss valuation which allows us to distribute our research to a wider audience than sell-side, and engage with a broader investment community – retail, private wealth, family offices, as well as institutional investors. In the MiFID II -world, fund managers can access our ungated research freely as a minor non-monetary benefit.
What benefits do companies enjoy as an Edison client?
Reach is the secret weapon and multiplier of Complete IR. Insightful words and videos only have an impact when seen. Unlike brokers, Edison has an open platform; our regulated content can be viewed by any investor, anywhere in the world.
To reach our 3.1 million+ audience (which is growing daily), we distribute via 60+ platforms, including Bloomberg, Refinitiv and S&P Capital IQ – as well as via our website, targeted email lists and the full gamut of digital and social marketing networks.
Why use Edison?
Over 20 years we are proud to have built a global reputation for producing high-quality investment research. Our brand is recognised and highly respected. Isn’t it time you experienced the Edison difference?