Associated equity: Renaissance BioScience
Based in Vancouver, Renaissance BioScience is a privately held bioengineering company developing proprietary yeast strains for use in the food and beverage, and agriculture industries. Successful in commercially licensing its ‘Generation 1’ technology comprising yeast strains for the food and beverage industry, its focus has shifted to the development of its ‘Generation 2’ technology – yeast strains capable of producing and delivering RNAi for biological crop protection.
Renaissance BioScience — 1 video in collection
Renaissance BioScience is an Environmental Impact company whose bioengineering platform technologies develop innovative, market-ready, functional microorganisms that provide solutions to a broad range of health and environmental problems.
• Tell us about the company’s technology platform and the applications it is currently being used for.
• What is driving demand for alternatives to chemical pesticides?
• How do RNA-based pesticides work and what advantages do they have over conventional ones?
• Does this remove concerns about residue and pest resistance?
• What is special about Renaissance BioScience’s production and delivery mechanisms?
• How does this affect acrylamide in toast?
• Is your recent funding from the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program sufficient to take your technology for use in biocontrol applications through to commercialisation?
• Which key events should investors look out for over the next 12 months?
Get access to the very latest content matched to your personal investment style.