COP26: No matter the outcome, the private sector is the engine for change
- Strengthening 2030 nationally determined contributions (NDCs) by 2030 to align with limiting global warming to 1.5° Celsius.
- Committing to a domestic mid-century, net-zero emissions target and outlining a pathway with ambitious interim targets including clear decarbonisation roadmaps for each carbon-intensive sector.
- Implementing policies to deliver on climate targets, such as carbon pricing, phasing out thermal coal-powered electricity generation and removing fossil fuel subsidies.
- Ensuring that COVID-19 economic recovery plans support the transition to net-zero emissions.
- Committing to implement mandatory climate risk disclosure requirements aligned with recommendations by the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures.