Operational costs are one of the more important metrics we can look at when comparing projects. Projects with higher unit costs will make lower margins and will therefore be able to return less cash per tonner of product to shareholders. Companies with operations that have higher operational costs will also find it harder to survive lower price environments.
Similar Lithium-related Bitesize brieifings you may be interested in:
- Price variation in the economic studies of hard rock lithium projects
- Hard rock lithium production levels. Large, mid or small?
- Hard rock lithium projects recovery rates. Higher means more!
- Hard rock lithium grade/tonnage distribution – how does your investment compare?
- The hard rock lithium grade curve – what is high grade?
- Hard rock lithium strip ratios. Why should you care?