Can’t run? Can’t cycle? Then walk! Every mile counts in this London – New York virtual trip. All for a cause close to our heart: Breast Cancer Now.
To clock-up 3,459 miles in just eight days we’ll need you, your family & friends.
How to take part:
Objective: cover 3459 miles virtually – cumulative distance of everyone involved – walking / running / cycling and raise £3459 for Breast Cancer Now
Dates: Start 10th October – finish 18th October
Who can take part: anyone young old, fit, unfit, adult, child. So long as you can move and measure the distance you go then you can take part.
The way it works:
- You follow this link https://www.ultrabritain.com/enter-event/XMW4hMbTJN To enter on line
- You enter the details requested, you can donate when you register or you can fund raise if you have a specific goal
- Every mile you do from 12:01am on the 10th October to midnight on the 18th October (UK time) will count
- Your mileage will be tracked automatically through Strava which you can connect to the tracking system when you register, or go back in and connect it later (you will be sent instructions when you register). You can link your smart watches, your GPS devices to Strava to record automatically.
You can also enter your mileage manually each day.
- We will track our progress on a moving map which will update with live progress every time someone registers a walk, a run or a cycle.
October is Breast Cancer month in the UK and we are raising money for Breast Cancer now a charity nominated by Nikki Stewart who is currently being treated for breast cancer and nominated this charity specifically.
Please join us and spread the word to as many people as possible – every mile counts – don’t waste your miles in October make sure they are help us achieve our goal.
To help us reach our donation goal of £3459, please donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/edisonl2nyc
Why we are supporting Breast Cancer Now: Nicky Stewart – Director of Institutional Marketing
“I’m delighted that my colleagues have chosen to support Breast Cancer Now, for Edison’s annual charity fund raiser. This charity is deeply personal to me. Four years after a diagnosis of triple negative breast cancer and the belief that I was cured, the catastrophic news came just after lock-down that the cancer had in fact been dormant and reactivated. It had spread to my brain, lungs and eye. I am now living with Stage 4, incurable metastatic breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Now is funding critical research projects underpinning new treatment options. These are enabling us to survive for longer and with a better quality of life so that we can spend extra precious time with our children, family and friends. I’m thrilled that my first line of treatment has been successful so that the cancer in my brain is now inactive, for now. I am lucky to be on a new line of treatment for this disease, immunotherapy.
Thank you so much for your support, it will make a huge difference! You can read more about the work that Breast Cancer does here.